PhD, Clinical Health Psychology
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
My training as a clinical health psychologist has focused on cognitive behavioral treatments for insomnia and other behavioral sleep disorders. My research has emphasized the relationship between insomnia, physical, and mental health, and the impact of insomnia on healthcare utilization and costs. My career objective is to be a VA Health Services Researcher with a program of research on the dissemination and implementation of behavioral treatments for insomnia and the impact of insomnia and insomnia treatment on Veteran health. My proposed research includes the application of implementation science and comparative effectiveness research methodology to increase access to behavioral treatments for insomnia in the VA, especially in the primary care setting.
- McCrae CS, Bramoweth AD, Williams JM, Roth A, Mosti CB. Impact of cognitive behavioral treatment for insomnia on health care utilization and costs. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. In press.
- Bramoweth AD, Germain A. Deployment-related insomnia in military personnel and veterans. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2013;10:401.
- Taylor DJ, Bramoweth AD, Grieser EA, Tatum JI, Roane BR. Epidemiology of insomnia in college students: Relationship with mental health, quality of life, and substance use. Behav Ther. 2013;44:339-348.
- Taylor DJ, Vatthauer KE, Bramoweth AD, Ruggero C, Roane B. The role of sleep in predicting college academic performance: is it a unique predictor? Behav Sleep Med. 2013;11:1-14.
- Bramoweth AD, Taylor, DJ. Healthcare utilization and chronic insomnia in young adults. Behav Sleep Med. 2012;10(2):106-121.
- Roane BM, Dolan DC, Bramoweth AD, Rosenthal L, Taylor DJ. Altering unhelpful beliefs about sleep with behavioral and cognitive therapies. Cognit Ther Res. 2012;36:129-133.
- Taylor DJ, Clay KC, Bramoweth AD, Sethi K. Chronotype preference in college students: relationships with psychosocial functioning and academics. Chronobiol Int. 2011;28(6):541-547.
- Taylor DJ, Gardner CE, Bramoweth AD, Williams JM, Roane BM, Grieser EA, Tatum JI. Insomnia and mental health in college students. Behav Sleep Med. 2011;9(2):107-16.
- Dolan DC, Taylor DJ, Bramoweth AD, Rosenthal LD. Cognitive behavioral therapy of insomnia: a clinical case series study of patients with co-morbid disorders and using hypnotic medications. Behav Res Ther. 2010;48:321-327.
- Taylor DJ, Bramoweth AD. Patterns and consequences of inadequate sleep in college students: substance use and motor vehicle accidents. J Adolesc Health. 2010;46(6):610-612.